800 ST 800.0
Today we are introducing ScienceRoot, our goal is to create an ecosystem where anyone in the scientific community around the globe will have the ability to gather funding, interact, discuss research ideas, collaborate and in the end, publish their work through a more efficient, intuitive and transparent platform.
Challenges in the scientific landscape
- Limited access to research output. Knowledge is controlled by centralized companies and scientific discoveries are kept behind paywalls.
- No rewards for the authors or reviewers.
- Reproducibility crisis. Results confirming established information are rarely published, increasing thus the concern over the reliability of the scientific reports.
- Wrong incentives; where you publish has become more important than the actual publication itself
- Only successful results are published. Even though failure is a necessary part of making progress, null hypotheses and negative results are rarely shared within the scientific community.
- Fractured platforms only addressing limited needs within the scientific community.
The current system of attaining funding, collaboration, and publishing findings is outdated and inefficient. Scienceroot aims to leverage the decentralizing power of blockchain technology and incentivizing power of cryptoeconomics to solve the biggest problems with the status quo.
Before giving us your feeback plase read our whitepaper and visit our webpage. We would love to hear your general opinion/thoughts about our business model. Can you think of any possible alternative business models that could make our business more competitive? Can you think of any possible obstacles?
We are looking forward to your feedback on our project.
Thank you for your support,