Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the Crowdholding website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through crowdholding.com (the "site", “app”, or “platform”), by Crowdholding Ltd. as applicable.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Crowdholding services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
- 'Crowdholders' are users on crowdholding.com.
- 'Entrepreneurs' / 'businesses' / 'project owners' / 'Crowdfounders' (from here on - "Crowdfounders") are users on crowdholding.com that launch a project.
- 'YUP' are tokens used to reward the community.
Activity may be removed by Crowdholding for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services, Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement. Report violations to us via email@example.com
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of other user’s content.
- Spam or Nonsense
- Content misleading other users
- Violations of third party terms of service
- Reselling of regulated goods
- We aim to share 5% of our revenue with our Crowdholders. Payouts will be determined once crowdholding.com begins generating revenue from sales.
- Crowdholding ltd. reserves the right to set the initial payout date.
- Extra terms to be added later in beta
- Don't do anything nefarious
- Crowdholders must understand the inherent risk of investing either time or money in projects or businesses. If a business fails and no revenue is generated, Crowdholders will not receive any payment or reward, other than the satisfaction of helping an awesome community.
- The exact nature of YUP is being refined over the course of the beta. Please see our FAQ
- Crowdholding reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Crowdholding’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Crowdholding.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Disputes should be handled initially between users, but otherwise by contacting the Crowdholding team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crowdholding may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Crowdholding will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Crowdholding after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Crowdholding will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
Fraud / Unlawful Use
- You may not use Crowdholding for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
- To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Crowdholding community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Crowdholding’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Crowdholding. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
- You may not buy, sell, or trade Crowdholding accounts.
User Generated Content
- User Generated Content ("UGC") refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to Crowdholding by our users is User Generated Content. Crowdholding does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate via email@example.com. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
- Crowdholding is not responsible for the quality of content provided by Crowdholders. We provide no warranty with respect to the content, or any communications between users. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate activities.
- By using the platform, users undertake that they have sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, the content offered on Crowdholding.
- Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
- Unless clearly stated otherwise, content is submitted, the Crowdfounder is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the content, and the Crowdholder waives any and all moral rights therein. If a Crowdfounder intends to use the content for anything outside the scope of the specified project, additional permission must be obtained from the content originator.
- Commercial Use License: By contributing content to Crowdholding, you provide the Crowdfounder with a “Commercial Use License”: a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the content for Permitted Commercial Purposes. All intellectual property rights of the content are hereby assigned to the Crowdfounder. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to Crowdholding’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the content, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Crowdholding will not be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, or the content.
- Crowdholding has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Crowdholding of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER CROWDHOLDING NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH CROWDHOLDING MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CROWDHOLDING, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions. Crowdholding is in beta as of March 2017, and as such, many changes to these terms can be expected in the near future. We will endeavour to notify users of any significant changes, but please check back to our policies page to monitor updates.
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that we use
|Cookies to help us to determine if you are logged into our website.||sessionid|
|Protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally.||csrftoken,sessionid|
Cookies used by our service providers
|Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies.||_ga, _gat|
|We use Intercom for user support requests.||Intercom-id, intercom-session,intercom-lou|
|Embedded videos in web pages.||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE|
|Used to manage the share count, until the sharing cache is updated.||__atssc|
|Used to show you an updated share count for an article, if you yourself share it and return to page later.||__atuvc|
|Used to show you an updated share count for an article, if you yourself share it and return to page later, but before the sharing cache was updated. No info from this cookie is sent back to AddThis. It is created and used only on the client.||__atuvs|
|Embedding Facebook content.||datr|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials /security/cookies/ (Opera);
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.